Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mp3 DOWNLOAD: The Drug Dealer's Cat.


Over the past half century I have written a lot of music. A lot of it was published. A lot was recorded by various artists. I earned membership in ASCAP (American Society Of Composers, Authors, and Publishers) and made a bit of money to boot, but, piano tuning and repair has always been my first love. In my younger days I worked for two major record companies almost full time, and, toured with some important artists. During that tenure I learned to produce recording sessions. Today, I often enjoy recording in my home studio. I thought I would share some of my music with my blog readers from time to time. Here is the first offering:

This is a soft jazz piece that I wrote in the late 90's. On the recording I play piano, synthesiser, bass, and drums via studio magic. Like most jazz compositions it goes on forever. Well actually, a bit under seven minutes. I was looking for a catchy title, hence, The Drug Dealer's Cat.

The title is based on a real drug dealer's cat named Pounce. A drug dealer rented a house in my upscale neighborhood in order to sell pharmaceuticals to the affluent kids who attend our local high school. Whenever he opened his door to serve his clients his cat, Pounce, would slip out and usually wind up on my front porch paying a visit to my two cats. Eventually the drug dealer would come by and collect Pounce. The dealer was actually a rather nice guy, given his profession. Like most dealers, he did not use drugs himself and his wife and children seemed well cared for. Our local police made no attempt to arrest him. Once they became aware of him, they simply started parking a police car in front of his house day and night. Of course, this caused his clients to stay away. After a few weeks the drug dealer moved. My wife and I still miss Pounce the cat.

TO GET YOUR FREE MP3 DOWNLOAD E-MAIL rockpresspublishing@comcast.net AND PUT DRUG DEALER'S CAT IN THE SUBJECT LINE. YOU WILL BE E-MAILED BACK AN MP3 FILE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF MY GOSPEL COMPOSITIONS, WHICH I WROTE, ARRANGED, AND, PLAYED PIANO ON, GOOGLE GOSPEL RECORDING ARTIST JANIE CHRISTINA. TWO SONGS, GOD DIDN'T SEND ME HERE TO LOOSE, AND GRACE, ARE ALSO AVAILABLE AS RING TONES.